PECAN PIE WITH CBD COOKIE CRUST:
1 cup Dr. Norm’s CBD cookie crumbs
1 cup non-medicated chocolate chip cookies*
(if you’re trying to keep the pie vegan, we love this brand. If you aren’t, chips ahoy works great!)
7 tbs. margarine, melted
1. Release any lingering holiday tension by crushing both the Dr. Norm’s and the non-medicated cookies.
2. Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter until they are the consistency of damp sand. Press mixture into the bottom and sides of pie tin.
3. You can use the crust as is, or bake the crust for a little added crunch. Bake at 325 deg. F (163 deg. C) for 12 minutes. Let cool before adding filling.
¾ cup dark brown sugar, packed
¾ cup margarine (or other vegan butter substitute)
½ cup maple syrup
3 tbs. almond milk
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
2 ½ cups whole pecans
1. Put brown sugar, margarine, and maple syrup in a medium-sized pot. Set the heat to medium high until mixture comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
2. Once the mixture is boiling, add the pecans and the almond milk. Reduce heat to medium, keeping the mixture at a low boil for 10-12 minutes. Stir often.
3. Remove mixture from heat, add in the vanilla extract.
4. Pour mixture into cooled pie crust. Let pie cool on counter, then cover and transfer to refrigerator until completely chilled (several hours or overnight).
Pie keeps well for at least a week, but you’ll probably finish it before then. Store in fridge.
12 servings, ~12.5mg CBD per serving